Skip to main content

Table 2 Morphologic performance of anthurium in different treatments after chilling stress at 6 °C for 3 days and a recovery at 25 °C for 1 day

From: Physiological and transcriptome changes induced by exogenous putrescine in anthurium under chilling stress

Treatment Performance of anthurium seedlings
Normal temperature Shoots stood erectly, 100% of leaves kept fresh and had a normal color
Chilling (control) Both shoots and leaves began to wilt, about 20% of leaves had a normal color while 80% of them had large withered areas
0.5 mM Put + chilling Both shoots and leaves began to wilt, about 60% of leaves had a normal color while 40% of them had large withered areas
1.0 mM Put + chilling Shoots stood erectly, leaves began to soften slightly, 100% of leaves had a normal color
1.5 mM Put + chilling Shoots stood erectly, leaves began to soften, about 80% of leaves had a normal color, 20% of them had small withered areas
2.0 mM Put + chilling Shoots stood erectly, leaves began to soften, about 80% of leaves had a normal color, 20% of them had medium withered areas
1.0 mM d-arg + chilling Shoots wilted, leaves softened, 80% of leaves had large withered areas